It’s summer break! While I’m hoping that this won’t be my last summer off, there is the possibility that I could be working next summer so I want to make the most of being home this year. We’ve started a “summer fun bucket list” of ideas for big and small things to do over July and August!
- first up will be Canada Day festivities, both in Barrhaven and downtown!
- take a double-decker bus; this has been on their bucket list for a couple of years now and it just hasn’t happened. This is the year!
- go to Canada’s Wonderland with their cousins. It’s tough to coordinate schedules but we’re hoping to make it work! My husband’s brother and wife also have 2 daughters, and they are all between 6-9 years old (fun fact: my youngest shares a birthday with her oldest cousin) so this is an ideal time for us to go and have our first family Wonderland experience.
- swimming at Grandma and Grandpa’s
go strawberry pickingwe were able to check this one off over the past weekend
- take a hike – literally. There are so many wonderful places to explore within an hour of us and we’d like to take more advantage of that
- go to the beach; we love Baxter Conservation Area and Britannia Beach, both of which are reasonable drives from our house.
visit the Giver 150 Park at Mooney’s Baythe girls and their dad hit this on a day that I was taking a First Aid course but they loved it so much that we’ll be going back again for sure!
- visit the Museum of Nature and Canadian Museum of History
- outdoor mini golf
- Calypso Theme Waterpark; spending a day here has become an annual tradition that we all look forward to!
- explore a cave; there are a few locations not too far from us that offer this experience, including one near my parents’ home in Belleville
- sign up for some activities at the library
I’m not including the things that we’ll do lots of without planning: play dates with friends, park visits, swimming, kayaking, biking…we’ve got lots of ideas and I hope we can check off most, if not all of these by the beginning of September!
What are your plans? Leave me a comment here, on my Facebook page, @NotJstBabyBrain on Instagram or @NotJstBabyBrain on Twitter. You can never have too many ideas in your back pocket!