It’s playoff season in some sport at all times, isn’t it? Right now, we’re cheering on the Ottawa Senators as they try to win the NHL Eastern Conference finals to advance to the Stanley Cup. I will fully admit to be a ‘playoff fan’ – I generally only watch hockey on TV once the Stanley Cup comes into play. OYO SportsToys is the only product on the market that combines sports and the love for building blocks together! Fans can collect, build and play with teams and players across the MLB, NHL, NFL, CFL and NBA. My daughters love to build so they were happy to receive the Backyard Rink Ottawa Senators OYO SportToys set.
- 100-piece buildable rink.
- Quick Click guides for easy building.
- 2-in-1 play surface with clear ice bricks.
- Includes a player minifigure and goalie minifigure from your favorite team!
This set is labeled as 6+ but both my 6 and 8 year olds found the written instructions tricky to follow, and they are very experienced brick builders. Once we figured it out, it was a quick assembly, and the kids enjoy that the ‘ice’ surface is smooth so the figures can really ‘skate’ along. You can also remove the ice to have a buildable surface. I’m sure we’ll have some pirates and princesses and Star Wars characters joining in the game soon enough!
As a life-long Montreal Canadiens fan, I was happy to find #31 Carey Price Montreal Canadiens Home Version minifigure in our package as well! This guy will be finding a home with my little nephew, who is far too young to play with it right now, but it will look cute on a shelf until he’s older!
- Your minifigure is created to look like your favorite player!
- Bendable knees and poseable arms allow for real-action play.
- Accessories: Authentic team uniform, goalie pads with built-in skates, blocker, helmet with cage, glove, stick, puck and water bottle.
- Poseable stand with a unique DNA code for your one-of-a-kind minifigure.
- Compatible with most building block toys.
- Ages 6 and up.
- Printed and assembled in the U.S.A.
You can find OYO SportsToys online, on their Facebook page, on Twitter, on YouTube, and on Instagram.
Disclaimer: I was sent product samples to facilitate this post. All opinions are always my own!