It’s that time again in Ottawa – March Break is March 13-17, 2017 (that’s next week)! Here are some suggestions for things to do in Ottawa (or wherever you live)!
- I will always suggest the library first! The Ottawa Public Library has free activities for kids of all ages at all of their branches, and if you have a library card for your child, you can register them online. If you don’t, head over to your nearest branch and get one! When you’re done, you can also pick up some new books and movies to enjoy for the rest of the week. Look for some of my recent picture book recommendations!
- I’ve been updating my Pinterest board for kids crafts and activities with new ideas for crafts and science experiments. My daughters have become very interested in simple machines, thanks to a unit in my oldest daughter’s grade 2 class, so I anticipate doing some building. We also had a very fun Sparks meeting where we set out a number of different Lego challenges (like building something and seeing if it could float), so that might be something to set up for a relatively quiet afternoon.
- Look for City of Ottawa run drop-in activities, like swimming or skating. We’re hoping to get to the Kanata Wave Pool as it has become a family tradition during March Break!
- Many museums will have special programming for the break, such as Canadian Museum of Nature.
- Perhaps this will be the year that we finally experience a Sugar Bush! Fulton’s Pancake House and Sugar Bush is highly recommended in the Ottawa area, and The Log Farm is open and very convenient to us!
- Indigo Kids has a different free activity every day of March Break at 11am! You may need to sign up in advance, so check with your local store.
- Going to see a matinée movie is a fun way to spend the afternoon if the weather isn’t cooperating. We loved the Lego Batman movie, and the live-action version of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is opening on Friday, March 17 it would be a fun way to end off the week!
What are your plans for March Break? I’d love to hear your ideas for how to keep busy and have fun!