We’ve all survived our first full week back at school! If you follow @NotJstBabyBrain on Instagram then you’ve seen our first day of school pictures, huge backpacks and all.
I have to admit, I’m kind of enjoying getting back to a predictable routine, even if it is just a bunch of rushing around right now. I’m taking 3 classes (2 during the day, 1 at night), plus working on an exemption for a 4th and finishing a co-op placement. I’m also volunteering at my daughters’ school library, acting in my second year as a Sparks leader, and making running a priority. If all goes well, this will be my last semester and the new year will bring a job search – yikes!
For now, we’re focusing on all the fun that fall will bring. We’ve got a few ideas but I’d love to hear what you’re doing too!
- Apple picking! We go every fall to Mountain Orchards and it is equally for the apples, the free activities for the kids, and their donuts!
- Going to the pumpkin patch in October to pick out our Halloween pumpkins
- Taking a double decker city bus…somewhere. The girls have been dying to do this for a very long time and somehow it never seems to come together over the summer. We’ll have to figure out somewhere to go!
- There’s a new Reptiles special exhibition at the Museum of Nature starting October 7.
- My big girl starts Brownies and my littler one starts Sparks, so we’ll have lots of activities around Girl Guides, particularly selling cookies!
- I’d like to get in a few family bike rides while the weather is so lovely, before it gets cold and rainy.
- There will definitely be a few visits with my new niece or nephew when she or he arrives!
- I foresee some movie afternoons coming up. In fact, I’m hoping to watch Disney’s “The Jungle Book” this weekend (and once we do, I’ll post a review)!