This in-between seasons time can be tough for parents and kids alike – we all need to get out of the house and find something fun to do, but the weather is not cooperating for that here in Ottawa and at the end of the winter, it can feel like you’ve already exhausted all of your old stand-bys. Lucky for us, next weekend (April 2 & 3) is KIDSFEST Ottawa!
This is the 16th year of KIDSFEST Ottawa, which is running on Saturday, April 2, 2016 and Sunday, April 3, 2016, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on both days, at the Ernst & Young Centre (located at 4899 Uplands Drive, Ottawa, near the airport). Somehow we’ve never been before, but my whole family is looking forward to spending a day there next weekend! There are so many things to see and do:
- Performances from Mini TFO, Eccentric Adam and his amazing Dino Project, Fred Penner and Junkyard Symphony
- Interactive and educational exhibits by Ottawa’s famous Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo
- U of O Engineering and Maker Faire Ottawa hands-on learning
- Awesome Star Wars characters courtesy 501st Legion Capital City Garrison – you KNOW this is going to be a highlight for my family!
- Favourite super heroes courtesy League of Super Heroes
- Games To Go mobile video game theatre
- Live demos on the Inspiration Stage and Demonstration Stage
- Giant inflatables and fun games
- More than 70 exhibitors in education, retail, health and fun
- Charity raffle in support of Roger’s House (Ottawa Senators Foundation)
Ticket prices are as follows and are valid for one day:
- Adults: $14 – save $3 off the cost of a KIDSFEST Adult Ticket by using the code BABYBRAIN when you order online!
- Children aged 4-17: $8
- Children aged three and under: Free
- Seniors: $11
- Family pass (2 adults and 2 children): $38
You can buy tickets in advance online or at the door. Parking is $8 and you are encouraged to bring your own snacks and drinks (such a welcome change from many events where they only want you to purchase food from their vendors!) but there will also be food available to purchase inside. There is also plenty of space for strollers. With so many things to see and do, prepare to spend most of your day having fun at KIDSFEST Ottawa!
One lucky reader will win a KIDSFEST Ottawa Family Pass (2 adults + 2 children)!
a Rafflecopter giveaway