At this busy time of year, it’s so easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle and packed schedules we all have. There are easy ways to give back and help everyone in the family remember that it’s a season of giving, not just getting!
- We always try to support a toy drive, such as Toy Mountain or Toys for Tots in the USA. It’s a great way to remind our daughters of how other children are not as fortunate as they are.
- Food banks are always in need of donations. Many grocery stores have bins on your way out and they may even have a list of the most-needed items, so it’s easy to pick up a few extra staples and then drop them off before you even hit the parking lot.
- The Syrian refugees entering Canada have been in the news constantly and will continue to be long after the holidays are over. If you’d like to help, you can find out how you can at the Government of Canada #WelcomeRefugees website.
- Consider helping those at your local homeless or domestic violence shelter.
- Make a donation to a charity that has special meaning to your family! Many run special Christmas fundraisers.
- Don’t forget about the animals! Many SPCA or other animal shelters will be in need of food, toys and supplies. Check your local website to see what they need before you make your donation.
- We also like to make cookies and deliver them to friends and neighbours!
Are you doing any special giving this holiday season?