This weekend is a big one in Ottawa: Santa is coming to our local malls! It’s an annual tradition for us to take our daughters for pictures with Santa at one of the malls (we’re not loyal and go to whichever mall has the best price and best set up) and I love comparing each year’s reactions and seeing how much the girls have grown and changed. The picture above was taken in 2010 when Ashlyn was 1.5 years old and I really hope Santa has recovered from the experience! I Here are links where you can find the information about the schedules and prices if you’d like to have pictures of your children (or pets) with Santa in Ottawa.
- Rideau Centre: Santa has very limited hours at the Rideau Centre but the set up is usually lovely and you receive a 5″ x 7″ photo with Santa for a $5 donation to the Snowsuit Fund. Santa arrives on Saturday, November 14 and will be there every weekend from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM until he leaves on Sunday, December 20.
- Bayshore Shopping Centre: Santa arrives on Sunday, November 15 and leaves on December 24. Their theme is very “Frozen” and if you have pale kids, you might want to chose a different mall because the picture is taken on a giant white chair and you don’t see any of the beautiful background. You can get a wide variety of packages and add ons, including ornaments or mugs.
- Place D’Orleans: Santa arrives on Sunday, November 15 and leaves on December 24. Head’s up: they are cash only and the cost is $15! I believe that you get one print and then a digital download.
- St. Laurent Shopping Centre: Santa arrives on Saturday, November 14 and leaves on December 23. They have a new set up this year and I love it! Gorgeous red chair with golden accents and lots of green trees and sparkly lights. They have not posted their price list yet but will be doing so soon.
- Billings Bridge: Santa arrives on Saturday, November 14 and leaves on December 24. Billings Bridge has the most special events that I’ve seen! Pet Days are Wednesday nights (November 18 through December 16), so you can bring your dog (or your cat if you’re really brave!), Tuesday mornings are Golden Moments for seniors over 60, and they also offer a very special Quiet Santa times for those with sensory processing disorders to enjoy a visit with Santa with no flashing lights, no loud music, and no large crowds on Sunday mornings (November 29, December 6 and December 13)
- Carlingwood Shopping Centre: Santa arrives on Saturday, November 14 and leaves on December 24. Carlingwood is also doing something very special in November only: Silent Santa Sundays where from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., visits are reserved for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders so the area is to be kept quiet.
- Hazeldean Mall: Santa arrives on Sunday, November 15 and leaves on December 24. The cost is $16 for 4 poses on USB so you can print as many copies as you would like, or easily create your own Christmas cards.
If you’re looking for Santa Claus parade information, my friend Ashley has you covered with her Tales of Mommyhood’s 2015 Santa Claus Parade List. Enjoy the official start to the holiday season!