This is the first Easter since we’ve lived in Ottawa that we’re staying home and not hosting any visitors, so I’ve been looking for fun ways to spend our time together as a family. Here is my list of what kid-friendly activities are happening April 3 through 6, 2015:
- The Canada Agriculture and Food Museum (aka “The Farm”) has lots going on! Easter egg hunts for the under 6 crowd, “Signs of Spring” hunt for the older kids, food demonstrations, and of course all of the animals! These activities are included with your membership, which we have, so this is high on my list of things to do. Hopefully the weather cooperates!
- Canadian Museum of History’s Children’s Museum in Gatineau is having their annual Golden Egg Hunt! It runs this weekend (March 27-30) as well as on Saturday, April 4. On April 4, the Easter Bunny will be at the Museum and there will be more special activities for kids to participate in.
- The Ottawa Public Library is only open on Saturday, April 4 so we will make a point of getting some new books and/or movies a few days before when we go to Story Time, or else we’ll pop over on the Saturday. Some branches have special Easter activities planned. They also have a new service called Hoopla for library card holders that allows you to stream all sorts of movies, tv shows and music for free so we’ll likely make use of that too!
- Some Ottawa public swimming pools will have public swim times. Unfortunately it looks like the Kanata Wave Pool is closed. We had so much fun when we went over March Break!
- Valley View Little Animal Farm has Easter egg hunts all weekend long!
- Fulton’s has Easter egg hunts every 20 minutes from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. on the Saturday and Sunday. It will cost $2 per child and is for kids aged 8 and under. There will be face painting, live music, horse drawn rides and of course all sorts of maple treats, as well as all of their trails to enjoy some nature (and hopefully some spring weather)!
- There’s always a walk downtown and around Parliament!