The bookworm gene is strong in our family. Even in the summer we make sure to visit our local library on a regular basis to get some new material to read before bedtime. I’m always looking for recommendations for my girls so I thought I’d share some of our current favourites, starting with Rowan’s. She’s definitely sitting for much longer stories than her sister did at this age; I imagine having a big sister who loves to read has had a positive impact on her attention span!
- Grumpy Bird and Boo Hoo Bird, both by Jeremy Tankard – fun for the adults to read too.
- Mommy Calls Me Monkeypants by J.D. Lester – we don’t own this but take it out from the library on a regular basis. Ashlyn loved it when she was younger too!
- The Berenstain Bears and The Spooky Old Tree by Stan Berenstain – I think my parents still have my copy from childhood in their basement. Another one that we really need to buy!
- Thomas’s Snowsuit by Robert Munsch – part of the Munsch Mini-Treasury Two and by far her favourite Munsch story to date.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle – they’re classics for a reason.
- Star Wars ABC – because that’s how we roll in this house. Nothing like your 2 year old saying “W for Wookie” when you’re grocery shopping.
- Goodnight Mouse – pretty illustrations and a quick read; perfect for before bed.
- Anything by Sandra Boynton!
What does your toddler like to read?