We have a lot of apples in our house after our apple picking excursion so when my good friend Joleen sent me a recipe for apple loaf I made it as soon as I could! She’s never sent me a recipe that wasn’t a winner and this is no different. The top of the loaf tastes like it has a streusel and it’s excellent with coffee, tea or warm apple cider.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and apples.
- Stir the apple mixture into flour mixture. The mixture will be crumbly; next time I plan to kneed it a couple of times to bring the dough together a bit better.
- Divide between 2 8×4 bread pans; I have a stonewear pan that does 4 mini loaves so I used that and it worked perfectly.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pans.