A friend gave me this recipe and it’s great at breakfast or as a snack. I added some chocolate chips which probably decreases the health factor but they are so good that I think it’s worth it! The recipe makes 12 regular muffins.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1.25 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk OR 1/2 cup 1% milk with 2 tsp lemon juice from concentrate
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin and buttermilk or milk/lemon mixture and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then stir them into wet ingredients until mixed.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.