5 Things That Make My Daily Life Easier

Inspired by a post over at MomDot.com, here are 5 things – not people or pets, or this list would look much different! – that make my day-to-day life better.
1) Coffee: goes without saying, no?  I’m becoming a coffee snob too; I love our beans and bean grinder and coffee maker so much that I don’t enjoy coffee not made at home like I used to (Starbucks excepted)

2) Concealer: a tired mommy’s best friend, thank you for making me look more like a human and less like the living dead

3) Kindle: now I can read huge books without getting ‘heavy book elbow’ or worrying about dropping them in the tub.  Plus, I can see at all times the percentage of the book that I’ve finished so I always know how much is left – this has cured me of my ‘reading the last page of the book because I’m checking to see how many pages I have left’ problem.

4) Sliding doors on the van: no longer do I have to worry about the idiot who parks 2 inches from my van, with the sliding doors we can still get in and out without a problem.  Plus it makes it easy to get right in the van to tighten up straps on car seats and pack the eighty bajillion things we need just to leave the house for the morning.

5) My laptop: I’d be lost without it!

What are your 5 things?

10 Comments on 5 Things That Make My Daily Life Easier

August 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM (5 years ago)

I’ve been a fan for a while, but since I was pregnant with Rowan (2 years ago now, crazy!) it’s become a necessity!

1. Lynsey @MoscatoMom
    August 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM (5 years ago)

I must be the only MomDotter who doesnt drink coffee. Maybe I should start.

And I soooo wish they could put minivan doors on my little car… There have been many times I have had to try to shimmy in next to a car parked too close lol
    Lynsey @MoscatoMom recently posted..Five Things I Couldnt Live Without

August 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM (5 years ago)

When my 3 year old was a baby, I actually had to pull our car out of the parking space – leaving her on the ground in her infant car seat! – a few times because people were parked way too close and I couldn’t get her in the car! Sliding doors and stow-and-go were the biggest selling point of the minivan for me :)

August 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM (5 years ago)

The need for caffiene overrides my concern for stained teeth ;) I usually only have one cup a day and brush my teeth right after so I’m hoping that will help!

2. Sara Phillips
    August 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM (5 years ago)

I wish my car had sliding doors. I get SO IRRITATED when people park so close that my kid can’t get in or out of the car.
    Sara Phillips recently posted..Mabel’s Labels #Review

3. Melissa
    August 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM (5 years ago)

I have an older minivan without the sliding doors. We are hoping to upgrade this year and that is something I’m definitely looking forward to having! :)
    Melissa recently posted..My 5 Daily Must-Haves!

4. Anne
    August 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM (5 years ago)

Sliding doors are nice, I miss them on my sedan.