Rowan is one!

Today my little baby became a toddler.  We started out the day by taking a picture of Rowan in the birthday shirt that I made for her with her little chipmunk that we’ve used as a growth marker over the year:

Rowan – with more than a little help from her big sister – opened a few presents, and then it was time for her birthday play date.  The kids (our good friends that we see every week, usually multiple times) all played for a while, then the ‘big kids’ did crafts and then it was finally time for the part everyone had been waiting for – the cake!

“Happy birthday” was sung and we all dug in.  There will be a post later with details on how I made the adorable owl cake (and a recipe for the carrot cake that I’ve made for both girls’ birthdays) but as you can see, it was a hit!

The birthday girl went directly into the tub and our friends went home.  We spent the rest of the day doing the usual stuff: nap time, snacks, a walk.  We’re going to see Elizabeth Fulton Photography for Rowan’s official ‘first birthday’ photo shoot next week and I can’t wait!

6 Comments on Rowan is one!

1. Amanda @ Natural Mommie
    March 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM (6 years ago)

I love the pictures! They grow up way too fast…seems like you just had a beautiful preggy belly not too long ago!

I can’t wait to grab your carrot cake recipe…looks like a winner! xx
    Amanda @ Natural Mommie recently posted..mommies: get ready to rock your fitness!

March 16, 2012 at 8:54 AM (6 years ago)

Thanks Amanda – I can hardly believe it’s been a year either! The cliche is so true, it goes so much faster with the second child. The carrot cake recipe is almost foolproof and I haven’t served it to anyone who hasn’t asked for seconds :)

2. Kaisa G
    March 16, 2012 at 3:34 PM (6 years ago)

awww. Happy Birthday Rowan!! I love the close up with icing all over her face :) She’s such a beauty!

3. Luna
    March 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM (6 years ago)

Rowan really had a birthday blast.. :) Thanks for this very adorable shots..
    Luna recently posted..Dating Tips

4. Shendale12
    March 20, 2012 at 4:02 AM (6 years ago)

She is adorable.. I can see that she celebrated he birthday in very superb fun way…
    Shendale12 recently posted..These Sports Are not For Everyone

5. Bianca
    March 23, 2012 at 3:37 AM (6 years ago)

Yeah right..Roxane is the one.. she totally gorgeous..Love the first picture..her innocent smile makes her more beautiful..
    Bianca recently posted..second hand cars stroud