We’re big breakfast fans around here. Every weekend, Ashlyn wakes up and askes for either pancakes of waffles with “sup-ups” (syrup) and I like to have a few options for variety. A friend of mine shared this recipe on Facebook and it’s made it into the recipe book – Rowan even had a taste and loved it! It’s got that holiday feel, perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfasts with friends and family.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each of ground ginger, cinnamon and cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk eggs and milk together (I did this in a liquid measuring cup).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry, mixing until smooth. If its too thick add water.
- Cook on a griddle or in a frying pan. Makes approx 8 pancakes.