This summer, we went through 3 different tricycles for Ashlyn, trying to find just the right one. One was given to her as a gift last year and it’s STILL too tall for her (even with those pedal extenders that I think are a huge accident waiting to happen), one had a seat that made her slide back too far, and the last one she still can’t figure out how to pedal. How I wish I had found Strider The No Pedal PREbike months ago!
When I found out that I would be working with Strider, I had this delusion that I could get the Strider PREbike in pink, give it to Ashlyn for a few pictures, then pack it away until her 3rd birthday in May. Ha! When we arrived home and found the box on our doorstep, Ashlyn immediately squealed “A BIKE for ASHLYN!” and begged to put it together. When I told her we needed to wait for her Daddy, she went and got her toolbox and said she could do it herself. Her father was greeted by a very eager little girl with a toolbox when he got home from work that night.
What makes a Strider PREbike different from the usual first bike that a child gets?
- Super light. Less than 7 pounds (about 1/3 the weight of a typical 12 inch pedal bike with training wheels).
- Unique frame design has integrated Launch Pad™ footrests for gliding and learning advanced riding skills.
- Puncture-proof all-terrain tires with sealed bearings and 5/16 inch steel axles.
- Durable welded steel frame and handlebars
- 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Adjustable handlebar and seat height to fit riders from 30 inches to 44 inches tall (saddle height adjusts from 11 inches to 16 inches from ground)
- Paint certified to be significantly below the CA Prop. 65 limits for heavy metal content, including lead.
- Available in 6 colors (red, blue, yellow, green, orange, and pink)
- Rider weight limit of 50 pounds.
Assembly took minutes and Ashlyn was ready to go on her first ride. Since the PREbike weighs less than 7 pounds, she had no problem getting it off our front step all by herself.
And this is her approximately 5 minutes into her first ride:
The Strider PREbike is a huge hit in our home and there is no way that I can hide it from her now! Ashlyn asks to go on her bike about a hundred times a day, and I love that it’s light enough for her to easily steer on her own and that there are no pedals for her feet to get tangled in. She’s learning how to balance and steer and loves to show off her bike to anyone who will stop to look. A Strider PREbike would make an excellent gift for Christmas!
As a special gift to you, Strider is offering FREE SHIPPING with the use of the code “njbbstrider” and will expire on December 15th. Happy shopping!