I love when strawberries are in season! I’ve got 2 very easy, very tasty recipes to share. Strawberry Mallow Dessert was found by my husband and it was quite a hit.
Strawberry Mallow Dessert (makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- handful of chocolate chips
- Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar; stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add marshmallows, sour cream and chocolate chips; stir to coat.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Serve immediately or chill for 1 hour (it’s better if you chill it).
This recipe for strawberry pie comes from my good friend Joleen. I love that I don’t have to bake the pie, just the shell (or tarts, in this case). The filling makes enough for a pie so it should make 2 dozen tarts no problem. Ashlyn loved helping me by putting the strawberries into the tart shells; I think her system was “2 for the tarts, 1 for me”!
- tart shells
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 TBSP strawberry gelatin
- 3 TBSP corn starch
- Bake tart shells according to directions on the box (or your recipe if you’re more adventurous) and let cool.
- Cut strawberries into quarters and place into tart shells.
- Cook together the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour liquid over the strawberries and let it set for about an hour.