They don’t mix very well. My husband had a cold last week and he’s so lovingly shared his germs with me, except that I can’t/won’t take anything for mine as I’m 32 weeks pregnant and I prefer to be safe – and apparently miserable – rather than sorry. I’ve been looking online to see if there are any helpful suggestions but there is so much contradictory information floating around!
So far, I’ve been:
- sleeping on a slight incline (since I can’t sleep on my back for long periods and my neck hurts if I’m too propped up when sleeping on my side)
- drinking lots of water and tea (mostly decaf, mostly mint or cinnamon, with the odd cup of Read My Lips from David’s Tea – that place is a new weakness of mine!)
- taking nice hot showers or baths before bed, partly to relax and partly for the steam
- running a cool mist vaporizer at night
- eating good old chicken noodle soup (not homemade, unfortunately; I really should try to make it some day)
I found this article that says that mentholated chest rubs are safe for pregnancy, which sounds good to me. I need to pick up some Vitamin C and I might break down and get a Neti Pot, even though they freak me out, so what’s one more item on my Shopper’s Drug Mart list?
Do you have any tried and true cold remedies? I’d love to hear them!