Snickerdoodles are my brothers favourite Christmas cookies, so I’ve been baking them for him for years. They’re also great for mailing and for cookie exchanges because one recipe makes a TON! I can’t wait until Ashlyn is old enough to help, I think she’ll really enjoy rolling the cookies in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
This recipe says it makes about 80 cookies, but I’ve gotten closer to 100 before; it all depends on how big you want the cookies to be. I like them to be bite sized so I make them pretty close to the 1 inch size it calls for.
Ingredients – Cookies:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Beat together butter, eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, beating until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in the coating.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (I always use a baking stone).
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden.
And the finished product: