Wordless Wednesday – Big Sister in Training

All of a sudden, Ashlyn loves playing with dolls! This was my Cabbage Patch, Jill, from when I was little. I hope she likes her new brother or sister as much as she likes playing with her “baby”.

14 Comments on Wordless Wednesday – Big Sister in Training

September 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM (7 years ago)

It’s so funny watching her haul Jill (yes, I still remember her name) around! Of course, she mostly just wants to take the doll’s clothes off and point to her bellybutton LOL

1. Tasha A
    September 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM (7 years ago)

That is too cute and I’m sure she will make a great big sister. Toby and Reed both love my old cabbage patch. His name was Andrew but Toby insisted on renaming him Thomas so for the last few years he has been Thomas. They also make sure Thomas gets in pictures, Toby says he’s part of the family too!

September 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM (7 years ago)

That’s adorable! I’m sure the name “Thomas” came from the train, right?

• Tasha A
        September 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM (7 years ago)

Yes Thomas was from the train. When Reed was born he insisted we call him Thomas and in fact Toby did call him that for the first day or two being stubborn like he is.

If you ask Toby about his doll he gets really mad and informs us that it is NOT a doll it’s a boy baby.

If you ask Reed where Thomas is in a minute or two he returns with it. Who knew that our cabbage patches would so entertaining and such a hit.

2. LisaS
    September 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM (7 years ago)

Mine was Josie, and Ben used to sleep with her every night. I actually bought a boy one of his own (right from Babyland!) and he could care less about it now. He would rather have Josie :)

3. Beth
    September 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM (7 years ago)

That’s awesome! I had three… a girl named Olive who looked like me (as much as a doll could) and twin boys named Edgar and Gilchrest (they came with the names!)
    Beth recently posted..I Dream of Teeth

4. Staci A
    September 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM (7 years ago)

Such a cute photo!

5. Kaisa
    October 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM (7 years ago)

She is too cute!! :)