I love Allrecipes. It doesn’t matter what you’re looking for, they probably have a recipe (or 20) for it. I have a good banana muffin recipe but I was looking for something a little different and gave these Banana Crumb Muffins a whirl. I don’t think my husband will let me make the old one again! Makes 12 delicious muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I added about the same amount of nutmeg)
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Note: these would be fantastic with chocolate chip and/or nuts!